Trees, Flatter terrain, and Fantastic Mountain Views!
This beautiful area of Costilla County is perfect for those who love the outdoors and are looking for majestic mountain views, beautiful terrain, and adventure. These 5.05 acres sit in the heart of the Sangre de Cristo Mountain range, is covered in lots of trees, and is mostly flat with a gentle slope on one side. It is 9 miles from the town of Fort Garland and 34 miles from Alamosa, where you can easily stock up on essentials whenever you need. It is also a mere 4 miles from the beautiful Mountain Home Reservoir, where you can fish until your heart is content. All in all, it is a perfect location – you can enjoy being close to civilization while being remote enough to take advantage of the wonderful natural resources around you. Get away from the madness of the cities, and learn to love nature again! Use this as a private campsite, or build your off-grid cabin! Your new life is yours for the taking!
- Subdivision: Sangre de Cristo Ranches
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/Q5XchxZwmZFpFBD67
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Zip: 81133
- Size: 5.05 Acres
- Parcel: 70216420
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. UNIT E BLK 77 LOT 998 CONT. 5.049 ACRES (201-212)
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- 37.351409, -105.360103
- 37.351409, -105.358894
- 37.349910, -105.359012
- 37.349896, -105.360311
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $161.76/year
- Zoning: Estate Residential
- For a site-built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months).
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available for up to 180 days if a well has been permitted or cistern installed and a septic or onsite waste management system has been installed ($250 fee – good for 60 days at a time while building, renewable).
- The zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- HOA/POA: Optional – $25/year. Very minor covenants – these can be viewed here: SDCR Covenants
- Improvements: None
- Access: Dirt Road
- Water: Would be by well or holding tank
- Sewer: Would be by Septic
- Utilities: Alternative Energy (Solar, wind, or generator), Phone would be cellular or Satellite. TV/Internet would be Satellite
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.