Live Near a Reservoir – 2.67 Colorado Acres, Mountain Views, Your Freedom Lifestyle!
Live a hop, step, and a jump away from the Sanchez Reservoir – you can almost see it from your window.
This gorgeous 2.67-acre property is located in the beautiful Wild Horse Mesa valley, so-named for the 150 wild horses that also call it home, and boasts 360-views of the San Juan, La Garita, and Sangre de Cristo mountain ranges. The town of San Luis is 10 miles to the north, while Colorado Springs is an easy 164 miles northeast. The land is mostly flat, with sage brush and bushes covering the ground, and an old dirt trail goes through the middle of it.
Come here on the weekends for a great fishing trip – the Sanchez Reservoir is a mere 3.5 miles away, full of trout, perch, and pike. Bring your toys and bikes and hiking boots to make the most of all the outdoors adventures this part of the country offers. Make plans to build your dream cabin. There is no time limit to build, so you can go at your own pace. There are power poles 1.2 miles down the road, but you can as easily keep your home off-grid too. You choose how you like your freedom!
- Subdivision: Wild Horse Mesa
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/Xg9ckJbtebQvMRoi8
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Zip: 81152
- Size: 2.67 acres
- Parcel: 71224610
- Legal Description: W.H.M. SECTION F BLK 83 PARCEL 45 CONT. 2.53 AC (224-752) (MTN.TRCT.ACC. 406-867-960)
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- 37.102778, -105.442472
- 37.102322, -105.442892
- 37.101408, -105.441353
- 37.101867, -105.440931
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $69.28/year
- Zoning: Vacant Residential Lots
- For a site built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are Allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months)
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available for up to 180 days if a well has been permitted or cistern installed and a septic or onsite waste management system has been installed ($250 fee – good for 60 days at a time while building, renewable).
- Zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- HOA/POA: No HOA fees in the area
- Improvements: None
- Access: Mesa Dr E
- Water: Would be by well
- Sewer: Would be by septic or alternative
- Utilities: Power poles 1.2 miles down the road. Local electric company (Xcel Energy @ (800-895-4999), solar or wind. Or try 800-332-7634
- All info on this page is deemed accurate but is not guaranteed. Buyer is advised to do their own due diligence.
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.