Make Your Life What You Want on 2.63 Colorado Acres – Nearby Fishing & Power!
It’s amazing how a simple plot of earth could become something great. These 2.63 acres could become anything you want – You could do anything here, from building a beautiful home, creating renewable energy, starting a vegetable patch, growing an orchard. Raise some kids, raise some animals, and live the good life! On weekends you can head over to the Sanchez Reservoir, only 6.1 miles away, for excellent fishing and time on the water. The town of Costilla is a mere 10.9 miles away for all your necessary supplies. There are power poles only 0.3 miles down the road, so you’ll be able to easily hook up to power if you want.
You are also really close to the Rio Grande River, less than 20 miles to the west, where you can enjoy unforgettable days out.
This property is in the famous Wild Horse Mesa subdivision, so-named for the wild horses that also call it home. With gorgeous views of Mount Blanca and the Sangre de Cristo mountain range, as well as regular sightings of horses and other local wildlife, you’ll want to feature a big wrap-around porch in your building plans!
- Subdivision: Wild Horse Mesa
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/cPu5GVn3Np7wpWxL9
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Town: San Luis
- Zip: 81152
- Size: 2.63 acres
- Parcel: 71220860
- Legal Description: W.H.M. SECTION E BLK 69 LOT 6 (JWD 258-169)
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- 37.088175, -105.474319
- 37.088186, -105.475747
- 37.087436, -105.475744
- 37.087439, -105.474322
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $69.28/year
- Zoning: Vacant Residential Lots
- For a site built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are Allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months).
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available for up to 180 days if a well has been permitted or cistern installed and a septic or onsite waste management system has been installed ($250 fee – good for 60 days at a time while building, renewable).
- Zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- HOA/POA: No HOA fees in the area
- Improvements: None
- Access: Westview Dr, Mesa Verde Trail
- Water: Would be by well
- Sewer: Would be by septic
- Utilities: Power poles 0.3 miles down the road. Local electric company (Xcel Energy @ (800-895-4999), solar or wind. Or try 800-332-7634
- All info on this page is deemed accurate but is not guaranteed. Buyer is advised to do their own due diligence.
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.
(*Please note that you cannot build or live on the land until it is paid in full. You can, however, use the land for camping or recreation according to the county’s guidelines. Thank you!)