Walking Distance from Reservoir – 5.17 Colorado Acres, Greenbelt Nearby!
Once this property is yours, you’ll be less than a 1-mile walk from the Mountain Home Reservoir, which is abundantly stocked with trout and other varieties of popular fish. It is one of the most beautiful areas in Costilla, and next to 5000+ acres of greenbelt, for fantastic hiking, wildlife and bird watching, hunting, and more.
The property itself is 5.17 acres, and has a downward slope to the east, and a possible seasonal creek runs near the boundary. There are few trees and one neighbor a few lots to the north. There are power poles less than 2000ft away, so you have the option to stay off-grid or hook up to power.
Fort Garland is an easy 3.6 miles away, Blanca less than 9 miles, and Alamosa, which sports a Walmart, is less than 30 miles. You’ll never be far from conveniences.
For a fun weekend jaunt, the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve is less than 30 miles away; sand ski in the summer, ski in the winter. Hike, go boating, enjoy the unique opportunities of Costilla County! What’s stopping you – You’ll wish you had done it sooner!
- Subdivision: Sangre De Cristo Ranches
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/SiDjT46ouXywPMet6
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Zip: 81123
- Size: 5.17 acres
- Parcel: 70261080
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. UNIT S BLK 144 LOT 2483 (212-428) CONT 5.168 AC (QCD 371-16)
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- 37.3986, -105.4016
- 37.3979, -105.4011
- 37.3985, -105.3992
- 37.3996, -105.4003
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $290.92/year
- Zoning: Vacant Residential Lot
- For a site built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are Allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months)
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available for up to 180 days if a well has been permitted or cistern installed and a septic or onsite waste management system has been installed ($250 fee – good for 60 days at a time while building, renewable).
- Zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- All info on this page is deemed accurate but is not guaranteed. Buyer is advised to do their own due diligence.
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.
(*Please note that you cannot build or live on the land until it is paid in full. You can, however, use the land for camping or recreation according to the county’s guidelines. Thank you!)