No Better Place to Be! Rolling Acreage in the Mountains!
Feel at home in your own world here on 5.04 stunning acres!
You’ll be only 13 miles from the Mountain Home Reservoir, which is abundantly stocked with trout and other varieties of popular fish. It is one of the most beautiful areas in Costilla, and a fantastic place for hiking, wildlife and bird watching, hunting, and more.
The property itself is a little over 5 acres, and has a downward slope to the north, and a seasonal creek runs near the northern boundary. There are few trees and one neighbor a few lots to the north.
Fort Garland is 13.9 miles away, Blanca less than 20 miles, so you’ll never be far from conveniences. And for a fun weekend jaunt, the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve is only 40 miles away; sand ski in the summer, ski in the winter. Hike, go boating, enjoy the unique opportunities of Costilla County! With its beautiful rugged terrain, there is no better place to be!
- Subdivision: Sangre de Cristo Ranches
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/vBsPknm7KBSMFXPx6
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Town: Fort Garland
- Zip: 81133
- Size: 5.039 acres
- Parcel: 70237430
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R UNIT J-2 BLK 221 LOT 4554 (214-8) CONT 5.093 AC
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- 37.487700, -105.296897
- 37.487417, -105.298244
- 37.488806, -105.298767
- 37.489200, -105.297425
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $134.08/year
- Zoning: Vacant Residential
- For a site built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are Allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months)
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available for up to 180 days if a well has been permitted or cistern installed and a septic or onsite waste management system has been installed ($250 fee – good for 60 days at a time while building, renewable).
- Zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- HOA/POA: Optional – $25/year. Very minor covenants – these can be viewed here: westwardland.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Sangre_de_Cristo_Ranches_Covenants.pdf. See the SDCR HOA website (sangredecristohoa.org/index.html) for more details.
- Improvements: None
- Access: Callihan Road, dirt road
- Water: Would be by well
- Sewer: Would be by septic
- Utilities: None on/near the property
- All info on this page is deemed accurate but is not guaranteed. Buyer is advised to do their own due diligence.
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.