Put Down Strong Roots – 4.86 acres, Off-grid, Camp & Build!
This off-grid rugged property is perfect for anyone who wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, reconnect with the outdoors, and start a good legacy that will last for generations. The terrain is varied, with a seasonal creek and a few trees. The Sangre de Cristo Ranches are to the north, and beautiful views of the Sangre de Cristo mountain range are all around. Fort Garland is less than 12 miles away, while San Luis sits only 13.6 miles away. Spend memorable weekends at the Mountain Home Reservoir (only 10 miles away) fishing, hiking, and spotting the various wildlife around. Whether you want to make this your legacy or just keep it as a savvy investment, you can have a lot of fun and make good memories along the way. Camp, build, bring your friends and family. Spend days out of doors with people you love, building things with your hands that will outlast you – life doesn’t get better than that!
- Subdivision: Sangre de Cristo Ranches
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/EdwL6vbZEwcD2Ssa9
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla County
- Town: Fort Garland
- Zip: 81133
- Size: 4.86 acres
- Parcel: 70220170
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. UNIT F BLK 85 LOT1125 CONT 5.194 AC(210-408) (CC 369-112)(PRD 369-113)DC369-114)
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- 37.328025, -105.360486
- 37.328211, -105.361847
- 37.329778, -105.361325
- 37.329622, -105.360269
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $189.74/year
- Zoning: Vacant Residential
- For a site built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months).
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available for up to 180 days if a well has been permitted or cistern installed and a septic or onsite waste management system has been installed ($250 fee – good for 60 days at a time while building, renewable).
- Zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- HOA/POA: Optional – $25/year. Very minor covenants – these can be viewed here. See the SDCR HOA website for more details.
- Improvements: None
- Access: Pfotenhauer Rd
- Water: Would be by well
- Sewer: Would be by septic
- Utilities: Electricity is not available on the property. Contact Xcel Energy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All info on this page is deemed accurate but is not guaranteed. Buyer is advised to do their own due diligence.
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.
(*Please note that you cannot build or live on the land until it is paid in full. You can, however, use the land for camping or recreation according to the county’s guidelines. Thank you!)