Rolling Hills, Trees, and GORGEOUS Views
Experience stunning seclusion on this beautiful 5-acre lot in the Sangre De Cristo Ranches. The property has tree coverage (scattered across the property, with denser tree coverage in the Southeast corner) and beautiful rolling terrain, with lots of vegetation and a possible seasonal creek. You will have beautiful views of Mt. Lindsey and Blanca Peak, as well as the rolling foothills surrounding you. The lot is just 11.5 miles from the town of Fort Garland, 36 miles from Alamosa (a small city), and just 13.5 miles from a beautiful fishing lake (Mountain Home Reservoir).
This property has beautiful terrain rolling down from the road to a riverine (which may flow as a seasonal creek during snow melt), and up to a gorgeous treed hill (see video for details!) This could be a perfect family campsite, and with dirt work might be a great place to build your cabin in the foothills!
The Sangre de Cristo Ranches are perfect for anyone who loves the outdoors, and is looking for majestic mountain views and beautiful terrain. This area sits in the heart of the Sangre de Cristo Mountain range, and was originally developed by Malcolm Forbes (founder of Forbes magazine). The landscape within the 44,000-acre Ranches varies from sagebrush and Pinon at the lower elevations and Aspen and various tall pine varieties above 9,000 ft.
- Subdivision: Sangre De Cristo Ranches
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/s58pCEq26Ds
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Zip: 81133
- Size: 5.07 Acres
- Parcel: 70242060
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. UNIT K-2 BLK 228 LOT 4853 CONT. 5.070 AC
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- 37.5106, -105.2917 NW
- 37.5109, -105.2893 NE
- 37.5099, -105.2890 SE
- 37.5099, -105.2916 SW
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $93.52/year
- Zoning: Estate Residential (ER)
- For a site built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are Allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months)
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available ($250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renewable).
- Zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- HOA/POA: : Optional – $25/year. Very minor covenants – these can be viewed here: SDCR Covenants
- Improvements: None
- Access: Dirt Road on West Side of Property
- Water: Would be by well or holding tank
- Sewer: Would be by septic
- Utilities: Alternative Energy (Solar, wind, or generator), Phone would be cellular or Satellite. TV/Internet would be Satellite
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.