5 Acres in Great location – Trees, Incredible Mountain Views!
This unique 5-acre lot sits to the north in the Sangre De Cristo Ranches, with stunning views of Mt. Blanca (at 14,000-foot peak), and the foothills of the Sangre De Cristo Mountains. The terrain is mostly flat with some small hills, beautiful trees, and great road access. This could be a great spot for a camping retreat, or to build a small home! Here’s what’s nearby: – Fort Garland Colorado: 8 miles – Mountain Home Reservoir: 7 miles – Alamosa Colorado: 32 miles – Great Sand Dunes National Park – 37 miles The Sangre de Cristo Ranches is perfect for anyone who loves the outdoors, and is looking for majestic mountain views, and beautiful terrain. This area sits in the heart of the Sangre de Cristo Mountain range and was originally developed by Malcolm Forbes (founder of Forbes magazine). The landscape within the 44,000-acre Ranches varies from sagebrush and Pinon at the lower elevations, and Aspen and various tall pine varieties above 9,000 ft.
- Subdivision: Sangre De Cristo Ranches
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/jo7XWivmJzv
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Zip: 81133
- Size: 5.03 acres
- Parcel: 70240310
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. UNIT J-3 BLK 333 LOT 7337 CONT. 5.034 AC
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- 37.4521, -105.3278 NW
- 37.4520, -105.3260 NE
- 37.4506, -105.3268 S
- 37.4512, -105.3280 W
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $110.66 /year
- Zoning: Estate Residential (ER)
- For a site-built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months).
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available ($250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renewable).
- The zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- HOA/POA: : Optional – $25/year. Very minor covenants – these can be viewed here:
- Improvements: None
- Access: Dirt Road
- Water: Would be by well or holding tank
- Sewer: Would be by Septic
- Utilities: Alternative Energy (Solar, wind, or generator), Phone would be cellular or Satellite. TV/Internet would be Satellite
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.