5 Beautiful Colorado Acres – In the Heart of the Foothills, Tall Trees!
This gorgeous property sits in the foothills of the Sangre De Cristo Mountains. It could be an ideal location for camping or building! Here you can enjoy grassy meadows and tall trees (rare for this area) and beautiful surroundings. The lot has county dirt road access, varied sloped terrain, and flatter areas for building or camping towards the road. If you want to talk location, you’re in for a treat – We already mentioned that it’s in the very foothills of the Sangre De Cristo Mountains; it’s also just 1.7 miles from 5000 acres of stunning public land, and 10 miles from Mountain Home Reservoir where you can fish, boat, camp, recreate to your heart’s content!
As a brief but full disclosure, a few years ago the previous owners seem to have used the property as a campsite and left some of their camping gear and trash (about a pickup truck load) to be hauled. Also, in conversations with a neighbor down the road (more than a year ago), he said that there were some squatters living on the property to the south who seemed to be engaging in some shady activity. This information could potentially be irrelevant now, but we think it is important that you are aware of it. Regardless, we’ve discounted the property by $1,700 in lieu of this, so you can get a fantastic deal on a rare lot with tall trees and beautiful scenery!
- Subdivision: Sangre De Cristo Ranches
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/QhKH3Wv7EhnqBtQHA
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Zip: 81133
- Size: 5.072 Acres
- Parcel: 70246600
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. UNIT L-2 BLK 234 LOT 4970 (217-947) CONT 5.072 AC
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- 37.3249, -105.3437 NW
- 37.3253, -105.3422 NE
- 37.3239, -105.3416 SE
- 37.3235, -105.3429 SW
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $161.90/year
- Zoning: Estate Residential (ER)
- For a site-built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months).
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available ($250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renewable).
- The zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- HOA/POA: : Optional – $25/year. Very minor covenants – these can be viewed here: SDCR Covenants
- Improvements: None
- Access: Dirt Road
- Water: Would be by well or holding tank
- Sewer: Would be by Septic
- Utilities: Alternative Energy (Solar, wind, or generator), Phone would be cellular or Satellite. TV/Internet would be Satellite
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.