5 Acres in Colorado – Surrounded by Mountains, With a Lake On Your Doorstep!
This desirable 5.06-acre property is right on the banks of the Mountain Home Reservoir. No joke. You could literally roll out of bed and be fishing or swimming or rowing or whatever you love to do in the water in no time at all.
The terrain is varied, sloping down from the road, with some texture from the tentacles of a ravine and an active floodplain along the southwest side. It is spotted with a few juniper trees here and there and surrounded by mountain ranges – you’re only 15 miles from the base of Mt. Lindsey (near Blanca Peak), and 30 from the Great Sand Dunes National Park. Fort Garland is only 4 miles away for any supplies you will need. Build, camp, visit on weekends – whatever you decide to do, you won’t wish you hadn’t!
- Subdivision: Sangre de Cristo Ranches
- Google Maps:goo.gl/maps/jX9pjdmcbZv2iK6P9
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Zip: 81123
- Size: 5.06 Acres
- Parcel: 70261060
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. UNIT S BLK 144 LOT 2481 CONT. 5.059 AC
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- 37.3983°N, -105.3990°W
- 37.3969°N, -105.3980°W
- 37.3962°N, -105.3988°W
- 37.3966°N, -105.3985°W
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $290.92/year
- Zoning: Estate Residential (ER)
- For a site-built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months).
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available ($250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renewable).
- The zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- HOA/POA: Optional – $25/year. Very minor covenants – these can be viewed here
- Improvements: None
- Access: Jim Road
- Water: Would be by well or holding container
- Sewer: Would be by Septic
- Utilities: Would be by alternative
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.