5.25 Acres – Lots of Trees, Privacy, Great Location!
These beautiful 5.25 acres in Costilla County, Colorado, offer peace and quiet, privacy, and the off-the-grid lifestyle you want. This property has one remote neighbor, beautiful tree coverage, mostly flat terrain (it slopes down slightly from the road), and a possible riverine in the southwest corner. With Mt. Blanca to the north and the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo mountain range to the south, you can enjoy the stunning views of Colorado’s mountain ranges every day! It is dirt road accessible and close to Highway 160, so you can easily access the plethora of national forests, parks, and 5000+ acres of public land. Fort Garland is only 10.6 miles away, and Blanca a mere 16 miles. On weekends, you can head to Mountain Home Reservoir (9 miles) to fish, spot wildlife, and relax in the peace and quiet.
This is truly nature’s playground, where the country’s diverse and rugged beauty is on display. If you love wide-open spaces, varied terrain, and gorgeous views, this is the place for you. Keep it for your future home, build on it now, or use it for your weekend adventures, where you can camp, fish, hike, and enjoy all that this part of the world has to offer. With an average of 280 days of sunshine a year, this county is perfect for all your adventures!
- Subdivision: Sangre de Cristo Ranches
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/vjxeL7KNsCEoxPex5
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Zip: 81133
- Size: 5.25 acres
- Parcel: 70245700
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. UNIT L BLK 123 LOT 1984 CONT. 5.246 AC (218-223)(DC 385-564) (DC 385-565)
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- 37.3375, -105.3578
- 37.3373, -105.3567
- 37.3357, -105.3568
- 37.3358, -105.3580
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $126.4/year
- Zoning: Vacant Residential
- For a site-built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months)
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available ($250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renewable).
- The zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- HOA/POA: Optional – $25/year. Very minor covenants – these can be viewed here
- Improvements: None
- Access: Edmond Rd
- Water: Would be by Holding tank
- Sewer: Would be by Septic
- Utilities: No. Local electric company (Xcel Energy), solar or wind.
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.