5.128 Stunning Acres in Costilla County, Colorado – Lots of Trees, Great Location!
This fantastic 5.128-acre property in Costilla County, Colorado, has beautiful tree coverage, some bushes, and mostly flat terrain (it slopes down slightly from the road). The views of Colorado’s mountain ranges are stunning and all around you. It is dirt road accessible and close to Highway 160, from which you can easily access the plethora the national forests, parks, and 5000+ acres of public land. You will be only 10 miles from Fort Garland and 35 miles from Alamosa, where there’s a Walmart. On weekends, you can head to Mountain Home Reservoir (8 miles) to fish, spot wildlife, and relax in the peace and quiet. Or, go sandboarding at the Great Sand Dunes National Park (36 miles). Costilla County averages 280 days of sunshine a year, so you’ll be all set for all your adventures!
This is truly nature’s playground, where the country’s diverse and rugged beauty is on display. If you love wide-open spaces, varied terrain, and gorgeous views, this is the place for you. Keep it for your future home, build on it now, or use it for your weekend adventures, where you can camp, fish, hike, and enjoy all that this part of the world has to offer.
Here are some of the nearby highlights:
- Sangre de Cristo Ranch (8 miles)
- Sangre De Cristo mountain range (31 miles)
- San Isabel National Forest (90 miles)
- Rio Grande National Forest (94 miles)
- Carson National Forest (141 miles)
- Gunnison National Forest (182 miles)
- San Juan National Forest (215 miles)
- Uncompahgre National Forest (252 miles)
- White River National Forest (253 miles)
- Colorado Springs (148 miles)
- Denver (220 miles)
- Subdivision: Sangre De Cristo Ranches
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/Zi8oRD4dXbJoGqcR9
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Zip: 81133
- Size: 5.128 Acres
- Parcel: 70241100
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. UNIT K BLK 118 LOT 1849
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- 37.3526, -105.3498
- 37.3521, -105.3512
- 37.3511, -105.3509
- 37.3511, -105.3490
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $185/year
- Zoning: Estate Residential (ER)
- For a site-built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months)
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available ($250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renewable).
- The zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- HOA/POA: Optional – $25/Year. Very Minor Covenants – These can be viewed here.
- Improvements: None
- Access: Yes, Kelly Road
- Water: Would be by well or holding container
- Sewer: Would be by Septic
- Utilities: Would be by alternative
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.