4.99 Acres: Million-dollar Views, Great Location!
These lovely 4.99 acres are in a very desirable area in the San Luis Valley Ranches near the foothills of Mt. Blanca, and offer gorgeous mountain views to the North. There is a possible wash on the North-side of the property, and it leaves most of the property untouched. The terrain is flat and covered in prairie grass and brush; there are no trees.
Less than 5 miles from US–160, you have easy access to nearby towns and the local gems:
You are 3.5 miles from the town of Blanca, 7 from Fort Garland, and 21 from Alamosa where you can access all your daily needs. When in the mood for recreation, drive the 22 miles to the Great Sand Dunes National Park, or 9 to the Smith Reservoir. The Blanca/Fort Garland community center is also nearby, and it boasts of a full size indoor Olympic pool, basketball court, pool tables, weight room, and library among many other things.
Come and camp on weekends or build a beautiful off-grid home! The San Luis Valley is well known for its million-dollar views, abundant wildlife (including wild horses), and some of the most beautiful scenery in all of Colorado. Enjoy clear skies (the sun is known to shine here for 300 days out of the year), starry nights, and incredible outdoor activities (fishing, hunting, hiking, mountain bike riding). Come and embrace your future – The best of Colorado is at your fingertips!
(Current photos are the views from nearby properties. Photos of property coming soon)
- Subdivision: San Luis Valley Ranches
- Google Maps:goo.gl/maps/GkPeh22iJRXf9yEU9
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Zip: 81123
- Size: 4.99 Acres
- Parcel: 70337300
- Legal Description: S.L.V.R. UNIT 1 BLK 4 LOT 6
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $92.38/year
- Zoning: Estate Residential (ER)
- For a site-built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months).
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available ($250 fee – good for 90 days at a time while building, renewable).
- The zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- HOA/POA: No
- Improvements: None
- Access: Dirt Road
- Water: Would be by well or holding container
- Sewer: Would be by Septic
- Utilities: Would be by alternative
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.