4.6 Hilltop Acres – Stunning Views, Power Nearby, Great Fishing!
Build your dream house on a hill with gorgeous views of Mt. Blanca to the north! This unique horseshoe-shaped property is 4.57 acres, flat near the road, and slopes down to the north. It sits on a hill just 2.2 miles from the beautiful Mountain Home Reservoir where you can spend many happy weekends fishing and spotting wildlife. Fort Garland is an easy 3.3 miles away, while Blanca is just 7.9 miles away. And with over 5000 acres of “greenbelt” close by, you will want to spend more time outside than indoors. You’ll only have one neighbor to the south west, so you’ll be able to enjoy privacy and peace and quiet and the best that Colorado has to offer. There are power poles less than 700 ft away on the neighboring property also. In the evenings, you can gather with your friends around a campfire, watch the sun go down, and gaze at the stars – with so little light pollution here, you’ll be able to spot millions more!
Dirt road access may require a vehicle that can handle uneven terrain at times. We recommend coming to the property from the south.
- Subdivision: Sangre de Cristo Ranches
- Google Maps: goo.gl/maps/34hk2H93KyzyqSS67
- State: Colorado
- County: Costilla
- Town: Blanca
- Zip: 81123
- Size: 4.57 acres
- Parcel: 70260710
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. UNIT S BLK 144 LOT 2443 (245-545) CONT 5.326 AC
- Lat/Long Coordinates:
- 37.401317, -105.409983
- 37.401714, -105.411461
- 37.400036, -105.410389
- 37.400214, -105.411289
- Annual Taxes: Approximately $290.92/year
- Zoning: Vacant Residential Lot
- For a site built home, you need a 600sqft minimum footprint.
- Mobile homes are Allowed.
- You can camp for 14 days (every 3 months)
- Temporary RV Occupancy permit available for up to 180 days if a well has been permitted or cistern installed and a septic or onsite waste management system has been installed ($250 fee – good for 60 days at a time while building, renewable).
- Zoning office is open Monday through Thursday and can be contacted at (719) 672-9109 to answer any questions.
- HOA/POA: Optional – $25/year. Very minor covenants – these can be viewed here. See the SDCR HOA website for more details.
- Improvements: None
- Access: Hall Ln, Lita Kean Rd; Dirt Road
- Water: Would be by well
- Sewer: Would be by septic
- Utilities: None on the property. Power poles nearby. Contact: Xcel Energy @ email@example.com
- All info on this page is deemed accurate but is not guaranteed. Buyer is advised to do their own due diligence.
Ready to Move Forward?
Reserve this property today by using the button above to make a payment.
(*Please note that you cannot build or live on the land until it is paid in full. You can, however, use the land for camping or recreation according to the county’s guidelines. Thank you!)